40 Below and Falling 3D
- 4K 3D Feature Film
- Produced, Broadcast (Superchannel)
- Romantic, Adventure, Comedy
Sometimes life just doesn’t go according to plan.
After teaching in a northern, remote fly-in community, KATE CARTER is happy to be returning to civilization and her impending wedding. When a storm moves in, cancelling all flights and road travel, Kate is trapped in the middle of nowhere. She is forced to convince REDFORD, a surly stranger, to make the trip with her via snowmobile. Getting along like oil and water, Kate and Redford fight their way across country, facing terrible winter conditions, grizzled mountain men, wild animals and each other. As the journey culminates, Kate learns that there is more to Redford than just his rough exterior and when she finally makes it to her wedding, she’s no longer certain that she’s chosen the right man.
Awards for 40 Below:
- Winner – Lumiere Award for 3D Feature Jury Prize – 7th Annual Advanced Imaging Society Creative Arts Awards (Los Angeles, U.S.A.) January 2016
- Winner – Dylan Pearce, Best Director (Drama Over 30 Minutes) – 2016 Alberta Film and Television Awards (Calgary, Canada) May 2016
- Nominee – Best Direction in a Dramatic Program or Limited Series – 2016 Canadian Screen Awards (Toronto, Canada) March 2016
- Nominee – Best Dramatic Feature Film – 2016 Alberta Film and Television Awards (Calgary, Canada) May 2016
Contact Avatar Media